Rainbow shots are easy enough to make. With some trial-and-error, your layered art pieces will be the center of your guests’ admiration!
For the original rainbow shot, remember to follow the steps in the order below. Our recipe goes from red, to orange, to yellow, to green, and finally ends at blue (“ROYGB”).
What you need:
- A cocktail shaker and strainer
- A ½ ounce of grenadine
- Crushed ice.
- 5 ounces of pineapple juice (or any fruit juice)
- 2 ounces of gin (or any clear liquor)
- A splash of curacao
Steps (FOLLOW IN ORDER FOR ROYGB ORDER):
- Gather and line up six to seven shot glasses.
- Pour grenadine into the shaker.
- Add crushed ice to your shaker until it is three-quarters full.
- Add your pineapple or fruit juice to the shaker. (Turn Up Tip: Pour the juice over the back of a large scooping tool to even out juice distribution within the shaker).
- Bring on the gin!
- Add the curacao! (Turn Up Tip: After adding the curacao, make sure you pour the shots fast. Otherwise, the curacao will fall to the bottom of the shaker, messing up your rainbow).
- Put the strainer over the shaker to help create layers, pour into your shot glasses.