(Monday, May 19 2014) HAPPY 40th Anniversary to the Rubik’s Cube®!
To celebrate, try a 80’s party theme spin-off. Below is how to throw a Rubik’s Cube party, where you strip with a purpose!
The objective of this party theme/game is pretty straightforward. Everyone at the party must (1) arrive wearing all colors of the Rubik’s Cube; and (2) “complete” their puzzle by “stripping and swapping” with others to create a new outfit of one uniform color.
Rules and Pointers:
- Have people wear all colors of the Rubik’s Cube (red, blue, green, yellow, orange, and white). Make undergarments mandatory, so that your Rubik’s “pieces” can strip and swap in a decent manner. Encourage quirky accessories—the kind that you can only get at a thrift store.
- Decorate the party with Jell-O® shots in all the Rubik’s colors, colorful games like Twister, and Rubik’s Cubes.
- Have your group decide to change clothes by either (a) swapping whenever a new song is played; or (b) switching throughout the night by one-on-one bargaining.
- Award prizes (maybe Rubik’s Cubes?) for: (a) first to “solve” his or her clothing, (b) sexiest guy and girl outfits, and (c) funniest final outfit.
- BONUS TURN UP TIP: Make sure everyone knows that boxers and bras count as a layer!