The classic “heaven and hell party” makes it relatively easy to gear up and turn up within a few hours.
Go all out given your prep time frame and party space. It is suggested you designate at least two separate rooms for this event: one for heaven, and one for hell. (Turn Up Tip: Upstairs should be heaven. Downstairs, hell). Tell the wallflowers to go outside if they’re looking for limbo.
The “heaven room” or area should:
- be completely covered with white everything;
- be adorned in fluffy items to mimic clouds (Turn Up Tip: Stick together some cotton balls);
- welcome guests with calm and soothing music or some trance, like Armin or Kaskade; and
- have halos for people to wear.
The “hell room” or area should
- have the walls covered with red and black sheets or paper (Turn Up Tip: Dot the area with some fake blood);
- have a dark and creepy vibe;
- offer minimal lighting; and
- provide something excessively strong, like devil springs vodka or a turned-up jungle juice recipe.
Final Turn Up Tip? Add an twist to your heaven and hell party by requiring that guys attend as angels; girls, devils. Doing so challenges the stereotype, girls good, guys bad, on its head. The male-female dynamics might get a bit more interesting…
Setting the mood is absolutely crucial to executing the heaven and hell party theme. Don’t worry about being corny–go for it!